If your export contract has a payment period of more than two years, our export payments insurance can protect you against the risk of non-payment due to defined commercial and political events.
Commercial events may include your buyer’s insolvency or their wrongful breach of contract payment obligations.
Political events may include war, civil war and riot, the application of foreign laws that interfere with the contract and the inability to convert local currency or to transfer currency out of your buyer’s country.
Our export payments insurance provides:
- up to 100% cover against non-payment due to defined political risks
- up to 90% cover against non-payment due to defined commercial risks.
How does export payments insurance work?
- Helps to protect your export payment stream
- Become more competitive through offering buyers extended payment terms
- Greater confidence to undertake contracts with new customers or in emerging or frontier markets