Efic looks to understand current trends and issues within the SME export market through ongoing research.
Our SME Exporter Sentiment research provides insights on current trends and issues in export markets.
In our third SME Exporter Sentiment research conducted in September 2014 we found that:
- exporter sentiment was increasingly positive, with the proportion of SMEs expecting their overseas sales to grow in the next 12 months increasing by around 10% since February 2014
- 32% of SMEs expect the profitability of their international operations to increase in the next year
- export revenue is making up a larger proportion (now 15%) of overall turnover
- the most important overseas markets are China, Oceania/New Zealand and now the US
- access to finance is expected to become more difficult in the next 12 months.
Read the full report published in October 2014 here.