Efic looks to understand current trends and issues within the SME export market through ongoing research.
Our SME Exporter Sentiment research provides insights on current trends and issues in export markets.
In our fourth SME Exporter Sentiment research conducted in December 2014 we found that:
- SMEs finished the year more optimistic, with 38 per cent expecting their overseas sales to increase in the next twelve months
- access to finance is expected to become more difficult over the next twelve months
- the proportion of revenue attributed to export sales has increased to 15 per cent
- growth in export costs is expected to slow over the next 12 months
- China and Oceania/New Zealand continue to be the most important export markets, with India emerging as a key focus.
Read the full report published in February 2015 here.