The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade hosted a successful panel discussion and networking event in Melbourne called New opportunities for doing business in Sri Lanka.
Attended by around 30 SME exporters, and featuring the Australian High Commissioner to Sri Lanka, Bryce Hutchesson, and Sri Lankan High Commissioner, HE Somasundaram Skandakumar, the event covered:
- Australia’s economic diplomacy agenda in the Indo Pacific and its current economic relationship with Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s recent change of government, and what its new economic and trade policies mean for Australian businesses
- the key markets for Australian products, services and investment in Sri Lanka.
Two of Efic’s clients were also part of the panel discussion:
- Wellard Rural Exports, a live cattle exporter that helped the National Livestock Development Board of Sri Lanka establish a high productivity dairy farm.
- R.R. Taylor, an engineering company that will shortly be supplying and operating clinical waste disposal facilities in thirty hospitals on behalf of the Sri Lankan Ministry of Health.