Recent research commissioned by Efic shows that SMEs that seek professional advice are twice as likely to be successful with their exporting plans as those that don’t.
There are a range of people and organisations ready to help you to overcome the challenges you face and answer any questions that you may have about exporting. The business.gov.au website is an online portal created to assist all businesses from start up, registration and licences, grants and assistance and advice and support.
Other specialist national organisations that provide advice and support to exporters include:
- Austrade, where an Austrade export adviser can provide you with practical advice, support and insight into the countries to which you’re looking to export.
- Australian Institute of Export, which offers a range of courses and handbooks
- Export Council of Australia, which is the main industry body for Australian exporters
- your accountant, financial adviser, lawyer and banker
- other successful exporters and like-minded businesses that can provide you with tips, advice and inspiration.
We also have some case studies that may help you too.