Junior Developer - 12 month fixed term
Efic is Australia’s Export Credit Agency. Our primary purpose is to facilitate and encourage Australian export trade on a commercial basis. We function along commercial lines and partner with banks to provide finance in the ‘market gap’ when the private sector is unable to. We have a strong sense of purpose by supporting Australian companies to achieve export success.
We have an exciting 12 month fixed term opportunity for a Junior Developer who is passionate about technology to provide general technical support across a number of software applications including a CRM for a business of over 100 staff. The role will also involve application development assistance across these software platforms.
This is a career opportunity suitable for a recent graduate to work alongside experienced developers where you will be able to develop your current skill set in a collegiate and supportive environment.
About the role
On a day to day basis, you will work within a team of four experienced developers to provide general technical, troubleshooting assistance across a number of software application platforms. You will also play a role in assisting with software development projects for the general business including taking requirements, designing, developing and testing.
- Provides general technical support and troubleshooting assistance on software application related issues
- Support the business by producing ad hoc data extracts and reporting through SQL and/or other reporting tools such as Crystal and Tableau
- Perform various coding and programming tasks with SQL, C#, VB Scripting / macros, ASP.Net, MVC, Responsive design, UI control tools, web services, Security Protocols/Technology, UI Scripting and other technologies
- Creates detailed test cases and support testing team in execution of test cases
To be successful in the role, you will be a strong communicator who is able to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience. You will also be a customer centric team player with a continuous improvement mindset.
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar development role is strongly desired. We are also open to a recent graduate (TAFE or undergraduate) with strong academic learnings and a keen interest in development work
- Previous experience (both practical and academic) as a full stack developer using C#, MVC .Net and Web API or similar
- Solid understanding of databases and SQL scripting
- Any experience with third party REST APIs integrations
Why Choose Efic?
We are small enough to have impact, BIG enough to make a world of difference.
Our size means our people have interesting and varied work that stretches and challenges them, with the opportunity to learn from senior leaders and specialists. At Efic, there are opportunities to grow your career and broaden your experience, build your expertise, and receive development through targeted learning, mentoring and feedback.
Our people have an impact, and through our collective efforts, we know that helping our customers grow helps Australia grow. Our customers are dynamic and diverse and so are our people. We believe in flexibility and giving our people choices about how they get their work done and how they balance this with other areas of their lives.
If this sounds like you, apply now. We'd love to hear from you!
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm Friday 29th March 2019.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.