Director, Business Development
Efic is Australia’s Export Credit Agency. Our primary purpose is to facilitate and encourage Australian export trade on a commercial basis. We function along commercial lines and partner with banks to provide finance in the ‘market gap’ when the private sector is unable to. We have a strong sense of purpose by supporting Australian companies to achieve export success.
We have a full time, permanent vacancy for a State Director, Business Development to build, nurture and grow Efic’s Large to Small and medium enterprise (SME) businesses for the WA territory. You will take full accountability for deal flow and also increasing our profile and reputation within the WA market in this highly visible role.
This is a leadership role that will work collaboratively with a Senior Business Development Manager and report to the National Director.
About the role
On a day to day basis, you will have responsibility over the following key tasks:
- Develop and implement an agreed strategy/business plan to build Efic’s SME business
- Proactively network with commercial banks, especially in Business Banking, Commercial and Corporate Banking and Trade Finance areas, and with regional business networks, industry associations, chambers of commerce, as well as Efic’s existing alliance partners to increase the level of business referrals
- Be the local ‘face’ for Efic’s SME business: undertake appropriate public speaking engagements and represent Efic at events in order to build Efic’s profile and deliver increased business opportunities
- Identify and develop referral and business opportunities to support eligible Australian exporters and investors, using the range of Efic’s products and services
- Structure and negotiation debt transactions
- Work in partnership with the Execution and Portfolio Management team, Credit, Legal and others to ensure effective execution of viable opportunities
- Providing mentoring, coaching and development of the Senior Manager
To be successful in the role, you will be an experienced business development leader with a customer centric, collaborative and results oriented approach. Whilst an experienced sales leader is preferred, we are also open to candidates who are looking to enter into a leadership role.
Additionally, you will bring the following skills and experience:
- A strong background (minimum of 10 years) in SME Business Banking, Trade finance or commercial banking, with a minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience
- Experience in structuring transactions and a strong understanding of credit and documentation issues
- High level of personal drive, positivity and partnership
- A strong banking network – preferably in the SME space
- Commercially and financially astute and able to achieve strategic outcomes
- Strong written, verbal communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to travel both within and outside Australia on occasion
- Degree qualified in finance / banking or a related discipline
- International exposure to cross border transactions is beneficial
Why Choose Efic?
We are small enough to have impact, BIG enough to make a world of difference.
Our size means our people have interesting and varied work that stretches and challenges them, with the opportunity to learn from senior leaders and specialists. At Efic, there are opportunities to grow your career and broaden your experience, build your expertise, and receive development through targeted learning, mentoring and feedback.
Our people have an impact, and through our collective efforts, we know that helping our customers grow helps Australia grow. Our customers are dynamic and diverse and so are our people. We believe in flexibility and giving our people choices about how they get their work done and how they balance this with other areas of their lives.
If this sounds like you, apply now. We'd love to hear from you!
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm Tuesday 23rd April 2019.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.