Efic is Australia’s Export Credit Agency. Our primary purpose is to facilitate and encourage Australian export trade on a commercial basis. We function along commercial lines and partner with banks to provide finance in the ‘market gap’ when the private sector is unable to. We have a strong sense of purpose by supporting Australian companies to achieve export success.
We have an exciting, newly created position for a Compliance Specialist to provide general advice and leadership on all compliance matters and to champion our culture of integrity and compliance across the entire business.
This position will report to the Senior Compliance Manager and will work closely with the Head of Legal & Board Secretary and other members of the Legal team.
About the role
On a day to day basis, you will have responsibility over the following key tasks:
- Provide general advice and leadership on all compliance matters and to champion our culture of integrity and compliance across the entire business.
- Manage, in cooperation with the Senior Compliance Manager, Efic’s compliance obligations in relation to legislation/regulation, AML and CTF, Privacy Act, Banking Code of Practice, Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act and other relevant regulatory requirements.
- Advising on and attending to matters relating to on-boarding of new clients including AML/CTF compliance and transaction risk assessments in respect of reputational risk and related matters.
- Manage, in cooperation with the Senior Compliance Manager relevant industry codes, DFAT and Berne Union/OECD requirements and guidance.
- Review, update and maintain Efic’s compliance policies and procedures according to schedule.
- Co-ordinate with other relevant staff (including CFO and HR) to maintain on-line compliance training program and annual compliance affirmations for all Efic staff.
- Providing on-going advice and assistance to the Marketing, HR and other departments including in all compliance aspects of their function where required.
- Liaise with the Senior Compliance Manager, the Legal team and relevant business areas in dealing with customer complaints.
- In consultation with the Head of Legal & Board Secretary and the Senior Compliance Manager, prepare policies that may be required for Efic to comply with new legislative or regulatory requirements.
- In co-operation with the Senior Compliance Manager, ensure appropriate information on compliance (and related regulatory) issues is made available to Efic staff, including assisting with compliance training and general knowledge-sharing.
To be successful in the role, you will be passionate about governance, compliance and risk and understand the value it adds to a business. You will ideally have a background (2-4 years) in corporate compliance and legal issues gained within a financial services environment or law firm with experience dealing with financial institutions.
You will also bring:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to partner effectively with a broad range of internal and external clients, including senior management and Executives
- Sound judgement and analytical skills
- Highly organised and able to manage competing priorities individually and collectively
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- A broad awareness of external legal, business and governmental systems and how they relates to compliance
- Proficient user of MS Office
- Australian law degree or related tertiary qualification
Why Choose Efic?
We are small enough to have impact, BIG enough to make a world of difference.
Our size means our people have interesting and varied work that stretches and challenges them, with the opportunity to learn from senior leaders and specialists. At Efic, there are opportunities to grow your career and broaden your experience, build your expertise, and receive development through targeted learning, mentoring and feedback.
Our people have an impact, and through our collective efforts, we know that helping our customers grow helps Australia grow. Our customers are dynamic and diverse and so are our people. We believe in flexibility and giving our people choices about how they get their work done and how they balance this with other areas of their lives.
If this sounds like you, apply now. We'd love to hear from you!
Please send your CV to email@example.com by 4pm Friday 5th of April 2019.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.