Efic is Australia’s Export Credit Agency. Our primary purpose is to facilitate and encourage Australian export trade on a commercial basis. We function along commercial lines and partner with banks to provide finance in the ‘market gap’ when the private sector is unable to. We have a strong sense of purpose by supporting Australian companies to achieve export success.
We are looking for an Accountant to work in a small team responsible for the integrity of loans related data and maintaining the balance sheet along with other ad-hoc tasks. This is a key role sitting within Group Finance that will ensure the flow and accuracy of data in key systems between Portfolio Management and Finance.
About the role
We’re looking for a strong communicator who is able to partner with various stakeholder groups across the business and both internally and externally. You will have experience gained in a corporate environment and be comfortable working with multiple (and at times ambiguous) data sets and maintaining its integrity.
Key tasks will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- In the short term, loan administration including trade entry, change requests and responding to queries, whilst working on the integration project to automate and streamline
- Accounts receivables including invoicing on a quarterly basis
- Month end processes, accruals and prepayments
- Backup for General accounts payable duties, petty cash, processing invoices, and resolving queries.
- Backup for Payroll & other Accountant duties
- Maintenance of fixed asset and intangibles register
- Bank reconciliations and credit card recs
- Assist in GST / FBT returns
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets
- Assist in preparation of annual financial statements
- Various other ad-hoc finance tasks as required by the business
- 2-3 years practical accounting experience in a similar role
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills including proficiency with VLOOKUP and pivot tables
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline
- CA/CPA qualification or studying towards
- Highly organised with strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task and work autonomously
- Strong attention to details and a high level of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- High aptitude for learning new systems and technology
- Strong problem solving, analytical and numerical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Experience using a CRM or related software
- Experience with Financial products is advantageous
Why Choose Efic?
We are small enough to have impact, BIG enough to make a world of difference.
Our size means our people have interesting and varied work that stretches and challenges them, with the opportunity to learn from senior leaders and specialists. At Efic, there are opportunities to grow your career and broaden your experience, build your expertise, and receive development through targeted learning, mentoring and feedback.
Our people have an impact, and through our collective efforts, we know that helping our customers grow helps Australia grow. Our customers are dynamic and diverse and so are our people. We believe in flexibility and giving our people choices about how they get their work done and how they balance this with other areas of their lives.
If this sounds like you, apply now. We'd love to hear from you!
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm Friday 29th March 2019.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.