Efic looks to understand current trends and issues within the SME export market through ongoing research.
Our SME Exporter Sentiment research provides insights on current trends and issues in export markets.
In our fifth SME Exporter Sentiment research, conducted in February 2015, we found that:
- SME exporters have started 2015 optimistically, with 39 per cent expecting their export sales to increase over the next 12 months
- the majority expect access to finance for their export or international operations to become more difficult in the next 12 months
- exports now make up 16 per cent of total revenue, with this forecast to grow by another 4 per cent in the next 12 months
- China is the most important export market, followed by Oceania/New Zealand, India and the USA
- wholesale trade remains the largest customer sector for SME exporters.
Read the full report published in April 2015 here.