At an event in June sponsored by Food Innovation Australia Ltd, Efic Economist Fred Gibson provided an update on the outlook for food exports to South East Asia.
The topics covered were:
- Global growth – picking up steam in 2017
- Global trade growth – shaking off a horrid 2016
- ASEAN - a growing market
- Demand for processed foods already on the rise
- ASEAN's growing consuming class will demand quality produce
- Technology will allow for improved market access
- FTAs are a positive
- Risks to the ASEAN growth outlook - there are many
- Exchange rate - AUS trended higher in 2016
Click here to view the presentation.