The level of Australian content in an export contract is an important factor in determining the amount of financial support that we are able to provide. The following is a guide to Efic’s Australian content policy.
1. How much Australian Content?
The value of Australian content needs to be at least 1/3 of the total contract value for a transaction to be eligible for maximum Efic support
2. What can be included as Australian Content?
Goods manufactured or produced in Australia.
- Inputs sourced from other Australian suppliers
- Services performed by third parties in Australia or by Australians employed outside Australia
- Australian Intellectual property
However please note that profit alone cannot be considered as sufficient Australian content even if it is worth more than 1/3 of total contract value.
3. Does it matter where the goods are exported from?
The export of goods should take place from Australia.
These criteria are a guide only. Even if your contract doesn’t meet all of them other considerations may warrant Efic’s support so please feel free to contact us to discuss your particular circumstances.