We can help you manage against potential losses due to political risks associated with an overseas investment or project in emerging markets.
Our political risk insurance policies can help protect the interests of:
- Investors – for overseas investments by Australian companies
- Contractors – for plant and equipment used by Australian companies overseas
- Lenders – for debt financing in support of Australian exports or involvement overseas
- Hedge banks – for hedge providers of commodity price hedge facilities associated with debt financing that support Australian exports.
The political events covered by our political risk insurance include expropriation, political violence, currency inconvertibility and transfer risks, with additional cover also available for other political risks like breach of contract.
- Protects your overseas investment or project from financial loss
- Greater confidence to invest or undertake projects in emerging or frontier markets
- Prevent business being lost to a competitor that can manage the risks