Here are the steps in EFIC’s selection process.
- We send each candidate an email to confirm that we’ve received their application.
- Once we’ve determined that a candidate’s skills match the requirements of the role, we’ll contact them to discuss the next steps. We'll also contact unsuccessful candidates, usually by email.
- Short-listed candidates will receive an invitation to attend an interview with the Head of Department recruiting for the role and a member of the Human Resources team.
- Candidates who are successful in the first interview will be invited to take a psychometric assessment to help us understand their working style.
- Once we have the results of the psychometric assessment and feedback from the candidate on the first interview, we then hold a second round of interviews to select a preferred candidate.
- Preferred candidates will then be advised that we would like to undertake reference checks .
- Provided the referees’ feedback supports EFIC’s requirements, we will be in a position to make an offer to the preferred candidate . Formalising the offer is subject to satisfactory background screening, which includes checking the candidate’s employment history, credit history, qualifications and their right to work in Australia.
- When screening is complete, we issue an employment contract to the successful candidate. In accordance with Commonwealth Government regulations, every EFIC employee has a fixed term employment contract with a maximum term of three years.