On 7th May 2010, the Minister for Trade announced the launch of Export Finance Navigator. EFIC has worked with a number of state, territory and national partners to develop this online tool in response to a recommendation by the 2008 ‘Review of Export Policies and Programs’ (the ‘Mortimer Report’).
In support of the announcement, EFIC hosted a 30 minute webinar to demonstrate the tool. A copy of the webinar is available at the bottom of this page.
The website divides the exporter’s journey into six stages: preparing for export, finding markets, winning contracts, financing production, getting paid and expanding overseas. An exporter can easily identify which stage they’re at, and then find the export finance solutions available to them at that stage.
The website helps exporters find out about not just the export finance tools provided in the commercial market, but also the grants and tax concessions available to exporters from federal, state and territory governments.
The launch of the Export Finance Navigator website will be followed by a series of workshops for exporters. Run jointly by EFIC and Austrade, the workshops will focus on the export finance solutions available at particular stages of an exporter’s journey.
The following organisations have approved the inclusion on Export Finance Navigator of content about tax concessions or grants that they offer or are involved in.
- Australian Customs and Border Protection Service
- Australian Taxation Office
- Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research.
State and territory governments
- Chief Minister’s Department, ACT
- Industry & Investment NSW
- Department of the Chief Minister, NT
- Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation, Queensland
- Department of Trade and Economic Development, SA
- Department of Economic Development, Tourism and the Arts, Tasmania
- Department of Innovation, Industry and Regional Development, Victoria