The EFIC Annual Report 2012-13 can be downloaded as a PDF by clicking on the link below.
EFIC Annual Report 2013 (PDF 3,970kb)
In a year where exporters have seen record highs in the Australian dollar and ongoing volatility in financial markets, EFIC again delivered strong results for the year ended 30 June 2013.
- Provided over 168 facilities to support Australian exporters and investors in 24 countries.
- During the year, EFIC provided facilities on the Commercial Account totaling over $513 million. Profit on Commercial Account was $22.6 million.
- EFIC’s SME team experienced another year of strong growth, signing 135 facilities worth $127 million.
- A highlight for EFIC’s Structured Trade and Project Finance team was the $150 million participation in the $US20 billion financing for the Ichthys LNG Project, which was the largest project financing to date.
- Strong demand from the mining sector, which accounted for 44.4 per cent of new signings by dollar value.
- As an industry, Wholesale Trade was the most supported by EFIC with the number of transactions, accounting for 61 signings (over a third of the total number of transactions signed).
- The Producer Offset loan continued to be a success. EFIC supported productions like The Sapphires, and the SBS series, Who Do You Think You Are?